Fog is one of the most dangerous weather conditions for driving. The thicker it is, the more difficult it is to control the traffic. Try to be very attentive, as your safety depends not only on you, but also on the other drivers on the road.
If the fog is very thick, it is better to wait until it clears. But if you’re late for an important meeting or just in a hurry, you should warn the people waiting for you. You shouldn’t rush and risk your life and the lives of people around you.
In conditions of poor visibility it is very important to follow certain rules:
- Firstly, you should turn on the fog lamps or the “passing beams”.
- Then reduce the speed, so that you can quickly react in a dangerous situation and brake as fast as possible.
- Don’t try to take a shortcut, increase the distance and stick to the right side of the road.
- Give the sound signals, and listen to them respectively, so that you can control the nearest cars.
- If the road visibility doesn’t exceed 10 m, reduce the speed to 5 km/h.
- Before turning or going around, make sure that there is no obstacle.